May 2, 2005

Things are lookin up!

Hello my friends!

Well things are finally taking a turn for the better. I was having a bit of a run of bad luck for a bit.....owing heaps of taxes, losing my job, getting a seatbelt ticket! etc.....but things are looking up!

This week I started working at a pub called Sollys. It isn't a lot of hours, but hopefully I'll be picking up some shifts. The people that own it are super nice and really good to their regulars, very different from Breakers! So it's a nice change. The girls there all seem great, and it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere. So I'm pretty happy about that. I also found out on Saturday that I got a job at sweet little cafe right on the water here called Cow Bay Cafe. I actually worked there a million years ago, when I was in grade 8 with my mom when it first opened. The woman that owns it now is a wicked cook. The menu changes everyday and once its gone, its gone. It's small and is right over the water. Very nice!

So in terms of jobs for the summer, I'm hoping this is it for me, and these two jobs will be enough to get me to South America in September. I have also found out that my cousin Mikki has officially gotten her leave of absence from work and is now %100 coming with me!! Yaaaa!! Super happy about that! Now we just have to figure out where we are going, exactly.

The one other bit of exciting news is that.....I got my very first tatoo!!! Just a little one on my right shoulder. When I was in Melbourne, me and Tracy went to a big Buddah Day festival and I got the Chinese character for happiness written for me. I know this is so "done" but it means a lot to me. Not only what I was doing at the time and what that trip meant to me, but its also basically my life philosophy summed up in word. As some of you know, I'm not a big believer in God and all that, but I do beleive that everyone should beleive or do what really makes them happy. I think that you should work on yourself and if you are happy, it has such a rippling effect. I don't mean this in a selfish way. I just mean that you should strive to be happy with what you are doing and where your life is going, and especially with yourself as a person. So, anyways, thats pretty much what that means to me. And I love the simplicity of the black lines. I thinks its beautiful:o)

Well my friends, thats it for now. Hope all is well with ya. Missin you all heaps!


No comments: