January 13, 2005

My holiday in Van...

Well to start off with...happy new year everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the holidays with friends and family. As for myself, I worked on New Years Eve at the pub, as anything I did in Rupert(as great as it is!) wouldn't be as good as my last two NYE's. So...I worked. But it was a good night and good tips were to be had.

On January 1st I flew south, to Vancouver that is, to indulge myself in spending mass amounts of money shopping, and hanging out with family and friends. I had a wicked time with everyone and am missing you all already! The first couple of days in Van I spent with my cousins, mainly to take many pictures of my cousin Glennys little girl, Eilidh. How sweet she is....and not only soo cute, but soo smart too. Shes only 14 months old and chatters away like you wouldn't believe! Girls are so smart! I also got to celebrate my cousin Brandys birthday(I won't say which one Brand!!) while I was there.

After my family time I went to stay with my friend Kirsten(also a Rupertite), and spent many nights out with her and my friend Mel. We were then joined on Friday by my good friend Lynn, who made the journey over from Courtney(on Vancouver Island), dispite the ice and snow that threatened. I was soooo happy she could make it over for the weekend. I had a great time catching up with friends, including my old roomie, Sam, and seeing my uni friend, Tami, and her new addition to her family! We also got to go out dancing and I got a chance to hang with Gord, who I hadn't seen in years. Good times, good times!

So....these are a few photos from my ten days in Van. Not bad considering I took a couple hundred photos on my new camera(my baby!!). All in all, it was a great time away. Now I am back in Rupert and its back to the grindstone and time to start saving again!

Wishing you all well from the Rup.

Cheers!

No comments: