March 15, 2006

Back in Canada....Brrrrrr!!!

So after six months of living "the" life in South America, I have finally returned to Canada. What a trip. Six months was the perfect amount of time for me to be gone. I got see loads of amazing sights and have fantastic times with 4 of my very good friends. It wouldn't have been the same without you guys! THANK YOU.

After Cuzco we booked a flight, no more long bus rides for me, to Lima. After arriving in Lima we spent the rest of the day shopping, wandering Mireflores, and getting our last pedicures and manicures....for a very long time. Ahhhh, the best yet. That night we went for dinner with Emily, by far the coolest American chic I had met in my travels. The the three of us, and Joe(who works at the hostel) and his two friends went out to dance the night away. Literally! We danced non stop for hours! It was so much fun. Saturday me and Trace had a lazy relaxing day. Eating, doing more shopping, and just chilling out at the hostel.

It was sad to leave Tracer, I don't know when I will see her again, but exciting at the same time to be on my way home. A long night of traveling, with a few delays along the way, I finally arrived in Vancouver at noon on Sunday. How bizarre to over hear peoples conversations around me and understand what they were saying! I felt like I was eavsedropping!(sp?)

Glad to find my friend Sam waiting for me and that my luggage made it as well! Did not waste any time and went straight to the mall to buy a computer! Have spent the last two days catching up with friends and learning about my new iBook G4!!! Love it. Planning on being here for at least 10 days, and then its time to really go HOME. Can't wait to see the rest of you there. So still enjoying "the good life" for a little bit longer.....

No comments: