April 5, 2006

Settling Back into "The Real World"

So its been a couple weeks since my last post. I am back in Prince Rupert and life has been BUSY. Unfortunatly, the day after returning home my grandmother had a mild heart attack. She is ok, but gave us quite a scare. Glad to see her on the road to recovery. A good reminder that we must all take care of ourselves as much as those around us. Our health is so important. Coincidentally, I have decided to join the big WW....thats right, Weight Watchers! Its time for me to get my ass in gear. I have been motivated my the huge success of my mom, dad, brother, sister in law, cousin, and aunt. They have all drastically decreased in size in my time away. So I am jumping on the band wagon so to speak.

Other than that, I am still living with my parents for the time being. My brother is busy renovating their house, so my place is a little bit of a disaster. I will hopefully be back in there by the beginning of next week. I am soo excited at the prospect of unpacking my back pack and having my own space again. Yahoo! I am also back to work. I have worked the past 5 days straight at school, which is fantastic. There is apparently lots of work available. Good for me. I am also back working at Solly's, Friday nights. We shall see where that goes. And I will be back at Cow Bay Cafe in May. Let the good times roll and the credit bills get paid! But will still need to find a day job for the summer once school is out. Ho hum.

Been so busy sorting myself out, and spending time with my family I haven't seen too much of my friends yet. But I did manage to make it out on Saturday night, for dinner, drinks, and some booty shakin at the Surf. Not too much has changed! But a fun night was had by all.

Plans for the coming summer are....to work my ass off and pay off my debt, hang out with friends and family, go to my parents cabin on the sea for some r&r and find my next destination working overseas. The adventure continues!!

Cheers all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i always find unpacking my pack after a long trip such a sad moment. When i toss it up in the cupboard and think when will i next heave it on my back and go trapsing around some place. Not sure if trapsing is a word, but i use it as one.