October 8, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!! God I wish I could get my hands on some turkey!!!

Well I was really hoping I would be better at this blog than I have been lately. Still have lots of pics to put up but it just doesn't seem to want to load for me lately. And I cant for the life of me cant upload videos. Ah such is life. And it has been super busy. The days just fly by here. It's already 9:45pm and all I've done today is work and get dinner. It's gonna be a long few months till xmas. Hmm, so what can I tell you.....

Last week we had another holiday on Wednesday, so it really broke up the week. We spent the day in Itewan, a part of Seoul that is full of foriegners. Had a good lunch, shopped and had a great day in general. Went for Korean BBQ and went to see the Nannie Diaries on Thursday. There are some english movies here but they come way later. And there isn't that many. But I'll take what I can get! It was nice. Then on Friday night we had a few girls over for a wine and cheese night. Was delish. Then Saturday we went into Itewan and had the most amazing pedicure done for Nikki's birthday. It took two hours and I swear my feet are as soft as when I was born!!! Fantastic. Then out to dinner for Mexican, and over to the Canadian pub called the Rocky Mountain Tavern. Jam packed with foreigners. It was a good time. After that we went to an area called Hongdae. Tons of bars and people wandering the streets in a drunken blur. Danced the night away and came home at a fairly respectable hour of 4am. Sunday was pure lazing around. Made it to McDonalds, layed around some more, then got pizza for dinner and watched a movie. Also found the new Survivor China on the net so I can watch it!!! I'm sure some of you know just how happy that made me!!!

Hmm, so I've been trying to think of some little things that are different here that I can share with you. Just off the top of my head, here's a few:

-there are very few garbage cans on the streets, but they are fairly clean and old people go around picking up garbage, cause you have to just chuck it on the sidewalk cause theres no garbage cans!
-at fast food resturants you have to pay extra for disposable cups, and if you stay in and eat you use reusable plastic cups, and you have to seperate you garbage for recycling, they are very into recycling here
-men are often holding hands and are very affectionate to each other
-so many women wear heels here and the sidewalks are walking death traps, a mystery I have yet to solve

There are loads more, but I just can't think right now. Wishing for turkey right now!! Hmm, what else.....There is a big fireworks show this weekend we might go and watch. Also planning a trip for xmas, and it looks like we might be heading to Bali!! Can't wait. Also hoping to go see John Digweed at the end of the month. Those are the plans for the next little bit. Will try to post more pics in the next few days. And to write more often. Sorry, the days are so long here. Love to everyone! Thanks for all the emails and pics and stuff. Feels good to be missed and loved so much when you are surrounded by strangers! Keep it coming.

No comments: