October 22, 2007

Literacy Centers

So my Kindergarten classes are pretty structured. Phonics, writing, computers, and even art is pretty well planned out. But I teach the kids reading everyday, and there is a lot more flexability there. So to make things a little more interesting for the kids I have started to do literacy centers with them. I've only done it twice so far, but it worked out really well and I was so proud of my kids. This teaching is basically new to me, as I've only ever subbed, except for the last 4 months in high school before I came here. So I feel pretty good about what I'm doing. It would be very easy just to follow the schedual and the plans they have for you. But I am really enjoying putting in some extra effort and doing more with the kids. Here are some pics of my class and Alys class(who I also teach reading to) on the first day I did the centers with them.













No comments: