April 26, 2008

Trip to Holly's Home Town of Asan...

Here's the last half of the pics. Blogger is acting up again....I will post the rest later!

Me and a big ol' tree.

Takin a break.










Some of the old ladies selling their wares and others chillin in the shade.



Farmland.

I just couldn't stop taking pictures of these guys. I love them!


A traditional rice drink...not my favorite.

More of the Korea totem pole!

You probably can't read this, and to be honest, I didn't read it either. But tells the history of the the place. So there it is.

A map of the area.

In Korea they have these old drama shows on tv, basically soap operas based in the old ages. This is one of the places they film them!




The kitchen.

Servants room.

The "Man Room"


The bedroom.

The wardrobe

Kimchi!

The gates

The kitchen

The woman's room.




If I lived in an old folk village I would live in a place like this! One of the upper class houses!!

The girls trying out the props.


Tourist shot!


Can't go to a folk village without seeing kimchi pots!

A beautiful albino peacock that was in a tiny cage. Very sad. It was not happy and kept making weird noises and shaking its feathers.

Feeding the rabbits.

What great views.

Holly relaxin in the shade. It was such a beautiful hot day!

Jerry takin a break.


This is the city that Holly grew up in, called Asan.

They have a lot of little dogs here, and they like to dress them up and dye their hair sometimes.

More of the streets.


There are some very interesting store names here.

The Mans Store was a clothing store....and if I remember correctly, it only sold womens clothing!

The streets of Asan.

One of the shops in Korea that sells womans products, makeup, cream, ect. Just check out the girls uniform that works there!

Frosty drinks at Canmore, an icecream place that is decorated like a garden inside, with swinging chairs hanging from the ceiling and all!

Kim anyone? (That's Korean for seaweed!)


A couple of interesting shirts we saw. There are so many shirts that have mistakes on them, or they just have the most bizarre things written on them.


Dried fish anyone??


The market street

So we're walkin down the street and Meg says to me, "See that sign, they sell DOG there!" Oh my. First time I have seen that in Korea. And to make it worse, as we walked a little further, she says, "See that, thats dog." As I look over and see a little old lady sitting with her bucket of cut up dog. No I didn't take a picture of that. :o(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh that brings a tear to me eyyyyyye :(