September 7, 2008

To Leon

So my brother, Leon, pointed out that he didn't want to see pictures of "things" in Korea, but that he would like to see pictures of his sister in Korea. So here you are Leon, I tried to get lots of photos taken of me after we talked! Love you! They're not all of me, but I thought I did pretty good.

Teapots?

In the streets of Gangnam




A very appropriate place to eat since there was only two of us!



Hello self timer! You are my new best friend!!

Sara was nice enough to let me take lotsa pictures of her, since I'm still trying to figure out my camera.




Nacho time!

When we were in Gangnam, a pharmasist asked us if we wanted to go to the Dr. Fish. It almost felt like he was offering us drugs....Dr.Fish? Dr.Fish? If you've never heard of this, its where you go in and you put your feet in a tank of fish and they eat the dead skin off your feet!! Unreal eh? Well, it had to be done! So you go in and order a coffee, then only pay $2 for 20 minutes with your feet in the tank. Here's me and Sara using the timer again, waiting for our turn.


We could only put our heels in at first.

There was another tank that had much smaller fish in it. Some how we got the tank with the big ass fish! Scary! It felt SOOO weird! Took a while to get our feet in there.


Sara was very brave and she was the first one to put her whole foot in. All the fish would go to her feet so thats when I felt it was safe enough to put in mine!! Hahaha!

My god those fish were hungry!!




Oh my god they're biting me!!!! Seriously, this was the weirdest thing I have ever felt!!! We were shrieking for about the first five minutes trying to get our feet in there.





Look at them go!!!







The decor of the Dr.Fish/Cafe

On our way out, we decided to get some photo stickers done! It was so much fun! What a very Korean day we had!!!


The photo sticker machine.

Waiting for the subway.


Oh man, this lady had quite the outfit on! Whats with the helmet? If you saw her from the front you'd see that she has never heard of a bra before! Whoa.

Shopping in one of the pretty pink makeup shops in Meungdong. I managed to get one photo before they told me I wasn't allowed to take pictures in there!

This one is for you Leon!!

And then a nice man offered to take our photo together.

On the bus on the way home.....and of course there are no seats left. Standing room only!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay..seriously! I was just sitting down to enjoy my lunch at work and then...BAM....gross pics of fish eating dead skin off your feet!!! I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth :(

iowa-girl-in-korea said...

Ha ha! I don't know who is hating on the fish, but I would be all about going to Dr. Fish again! Fun!!!

beautiful feet said...

great photos! dr. fish was crazy, eh? i wasnt sure how to feel about it when we went! i hope that you're doing well! xo. -stef