September 4, 2008

John and Soyon's Wedding

Last week we went to John and Soyon's wedding. It was beautiful. Short and sweet. Had a great time, and was great to see the two of them so happy. It made me feel like I am living a real life in Korea, and not some fantasy world. Congratulations to the two of you!
Getting ready at the reception hall, waiting for the wedding ceremony to start.

Johns parents

The bridal party at the wedding ceremony




The bride and her dad.

Washing each others feet...


Soyon had on the most amazing dress. I wish I had a better picture of it, but I didn't know she would be changing out of it right away. She looked amazing.

Bowing to the parents while all the Koreans sang a beautiful Korean hymn. It was really beautiful. I love that part.




The program

Clarence and Taen

Katie

Me and my girls

Some decor


Judy, a blushin beauty

Louise

Entering the reception after they have been officially hitched!

The Tea Ceremony...my favorite part!



The mom's.

John and his mom

John's parents


Lotsa bowing in Korean weddings.





The flower girl

Bowing some more to the parents......thanking them for the cash!


Thank you!

The uncles....maybe.

Thank you again!

The Aunties?





#1:Choose just the right morsel.

#2: Put it in her mouth.

#3: You got it?

#4: Now bite the other end off! Nicely done John!

That is one happy man!

Ok now, hop up! Not sure why they had to do this. Obviously symbolizes something.....right?





Not only does he have to carry her around on his back, but he has to give her all the money! Hahahaha! I love it!!! That's my kinda wedding.....if I had one! Hahaha!


Soyon: Hahaha! You're never gonna see any of this money!

Groom, bride and their Korean family

Soyons dad saying a few words. He was soo cute.

Me and the groom

And they lived happily ever after....the end.

Semmy and Katie

Sara, Semmy, Katie, Niki and some creepy guy lerking in the background....haha, just kidding, thats just Brad!

Bride and the ladies

A friend of the bride and groom..."Would you mind if I got a picture of you holding the flowers in front of your face?" I had to take advantage of that kodak moment! Haha!


No comments: