January 26, 2009

Canadian Cooking! Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

While I was home I took a few photos of some of the food I ate. Oh man, I wasn't hungry for a second while I was there. I ate and ate and ate and ate! And it was soooo good. My parents out did themselves and I went out for loads of dinners. Here is a little sample of some good Canadian cooking!
Duck!

Lamb!

Saturday morning breakfast!

Some shrimp appies! So good!


Cookin them up!

Some shrimp appies, almost gone!

Setting the halibut aside, while I made the sauce.

The mushrooms and onions

Almost ready

The halibut in white wine sauce with mushroom and onions, served over rice!

Setting the table for Tracy's last dinner at our place

The final product!

Marla's fajita salad

French onion soup! Delish!

Caesar salad, my favorite

Out for lunch at Breakers, the pub I used to work at.

Just another dinner at home! Steak, grilled potatos, mushroom and red peppers, and some pan fried zucchini!

Almost done!

The finished xmas bird!

Christmas turkey dinner=turkey, mashed potatos, gravy, cranberry, veggie medley, spagetti squash and of couse stuffing!

Chocolate mousse I made with my mom. Sinful!

Turkey sandwiches! My favorite!! Oh sooo good!

1 comment:

iowa-girl-in-korea said...

Oh my goodness! Your parents must be excellent chefs because everything looks amazing! Wow!