January 17, 2009

Home for the Holidays...Yeah!

This year I negotiated an extra 2 weeks of for xmas vacation, so I headed home for 3 weeks. It was awesome. I almost cried when I saw a huge Canadian flag flying over immigration in Vancouver. It was super relaxing to be home and spend some much needed time with my family. Thank you family.

Aaron and Brand picked me up in Vancouver for my layover until my flight to Rupert. We hit the Beaver of course!

Waiting for my flight from Vancouver to Rupert


My Granny and my mom. We were out for lunch at Cow Bay Cafe, where I used to work.

My Granny, my dad's mom.

Views of the city from my Granny's house.


Snow on the mountains around Rupert

Me and Mik

Mikki and Kyla at Rain

The salmon waiting for some love!


Sockeye!


Helping my dad with a batch of his famous smoked salmon. What a lot of work it is!

Dipping it in some rum.


Rubbing in some brown sugar.

Jamaican Rum baby!


The salmon soaking up all the rum and brown sugar.

No comments: