March 11, 2005

My weekend in Van...

Hello everyone...I hope this finds you all well. As for me, I just got back from a very short trip to Vancouver to visit my family and go to the Donovan Frankenreiter concert. If you don't know who that is, then I suggest you find out, because he's very good. Good in the Jack Johnson sort of way(whose new cd rocks I must say).

ANYWAYS....a quick update from this end of the world....

On Saturday I went down to Van with my mom to see my family there. We had a great time that night when we went to the Flying Beaver for their music trivia night. It was hilarious! We were up doing crazy things to get extra points for our team(the 7 deadly sins!). We had a great time. The next day I went shopping with my mom and Auntie Bev to Ikea and Costco to stock up on cheap candles and few things for my pad. That night me, Glenny, Brand and Aaron went to the Donovan Frankenreiter concert at the Commodore Ballroom. He had an awesome band from Toronto, called Nine Mile, open for him, and he was rockin too. He only has one album, so the concert was pretty short. But great none the less. On Monday, I spent a quiet day of visiting, while mom went shopping. And then it was home again that afternoon. Like I said, a very short visit. But it was great to see my family, and especially my cousins little girl, who can talk like no other 16 month old I've every seen. She's one smart cookie! And so freakin cute.

As for the next few weeks to come...my very good friend Tracy, is coming to visit me over spring break, all the way from Dawson Creek! And I'm sooooo excited to see her and show her the town! Plans are in the works my friend!!

Hmmmm...May holds my 10 year grad reunion. Yikes! And Rupert is also having a reunion party for whoever has ever lived here, which is happening once every 5 years. So it should be a busy time. Winter is slowly loosing its grip on the Rup, and I can see little signs of spring slowly coming to life. Yaaa, this makes me very happy. I'm definatly over winter and the cold weather.

I'm still enjoying living in Rupert. I've made many good friends here that I didn't expect to meet. And that has been a great suprise. I love seeing my neice and nephews growing, and laughing, and cherish all the time that I have with them. And seeing the rest of my family here. Its been a good time. But the count down begins, because I'm definatly leaving at the end of August. I'm planning a road trip up to the Yukon to see my friend Cheri in Whitehorse, and then down to Vancouver for my friend Tre's wedding. And then it's off to South America. And I may even have one or two people coming with me. But I won't say who in case I jinx it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

So that's me for now. Take care all.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Linds!

Donovan is one of my favourite singers right now ~ I have his CD here in Belize and listen to it all the time! He is my #2 fav next to Jack Johnson!

Maybe you should start your voyage in CENTRAL AMERICA first!

Miss you tonnes....keep blogging ~ your pictures bring me closer to home!

xoxoxox Karen