August 3, 2007

Times are Changing!!

So I don't know how many of you still check out this blog. I haven't been very good with writing these past few months. But things will be getting much busier. As I'm sure all of you know, I am heading to Korea to teach English, for at least a year. I leave Rupert in two weeks, and will spend only 5 days in Vancouver, before heading to Calgary for 6 days. Can't wait to see all my friends and family before I go! So if you are out of the loop, these are the details....

I got a job at the school that my friend Clarence works at. Since he knows me and is the Vice Director of the school, that meant zero interview process! Gotta love that! Ha ha. If you don't know who Clarence is, he is a friend that I met when I went travelling in Thailand, the friend that was with Clay. This is going back on almost 5 years ago now! Since then Clarence has been busy teaching in Korea and now has a new baby girl too!! I will be working at a private English language school, teaching elementary aged kids. Sounds like a good deal all in all. I'd tell you the details, but I'd rather not post it all on here. But in general it includes a flight over, a furnished apartment and good holiday time!! And it will be great to have Clarence there as my guide! I hope he knows what he's getting into! Hahaha. I will be in South Korea(obviously, but people keep asking that!), in a suburb 45minutes outside of Seoul. Sounds like half of the teaching staff at the school are Canadian, and the rest Korean. By the sounds of it there are loads of Canadians over there. I am super pumped to go. Today I met up with some family friends who just got back from there, and got super pumped! They were also nice enough to give me a phone that I can use there! And lots of info on what to expect when I get there. Thanks Paula and Quinn!!

So enough on that. So back in Rupert....I have had a very nice summer so far. Loving be out of school, and enjoying some time with family and friends. I am only working at the Cafe, so have had lots of time off. Been out to the cabin a couple of times, went to Kispiox Music Festival last weekend and had a great time there! Tomorrow is some whale watching! Can't wait. Going out with friends, lunches, dinners, starting to say goodbyes. Sniff, sniff. We are having a big party at my place on the 11th, an official going away party!! Potluck styles!! So if you haven't gotten the official invite.....PLEASE COME TO MY PARTY!! Ha ha!

So thats me for now!! Expect lots of more updates and pictures. I have a whole bunch of pics that I need to put up, but am pretty busy right now. Hopefully in this next week. Hope everyone is well, and drop me a line and let me know how you all are!

Cheers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

struth, korea, thats pretty awesome, and yeah, at least one person checks out your blog from time to time, i've actually got yours on my site in the links.

good luck with the teaching and i look forward to reading about it.