June 23, 2008

The Gardens of Morning Calm

In search of some peace and quiet, among great trees and flowers, and a bit of fresh air, I went on a little fieldtrip all by myself on Saturday. It took a few buses to get there, but I went to the Gardens of Morning Calm. Unfortunatly the weather wasn't great but I still had a great day and got a few good shot with my camera. Here they are. Enjoy and be at peace!

At the Korean fast food joint, Lotteria, you can get the shrimp burger, advertised as a "Taste Fantasy"! At your own risk!!

From the bus

At the train station in Chungpeung

Looking down at the valley where the gardens are.



















































































The bus station in Cheungpeung

5 comments:

Unknown said...

just drifted by..

the place is amazin.. so peaceful and serene.. just lovely.. hope u had a nice trip :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. Lindsay.
Western woman's gate with Korean pictures made me stay for a while. but I became aware of that you are English teacher in Polly. Polly was one of option for my son actually. but I decided him to go other kindergarden because I was told Polly is too strict for 7 aged childern. now my son is going to Kid's college.
What I'm suprising at is that my son's speaking is so brillient. I should say thank you to all foregin English teacher in Korea.

Thank you and hope you have a nice memory in Korea.

Lindsay said...

wow, thank you! both of you. i forget sometimes that people i dont know can look at my blog! glad you enjoyed the pics. I enjoy taking them and sharing. i have enjoyed korea so far and i really appreciate you thoughtfulness. cheers

Anonymous said...

The Gardens are soooo beautiful! I will have to visit them when I arrive in Korea next month.

I look forward to working with you soon, Lindsay!

*Sara*

Lindsay said...

who is this? are you coming to work at Poly??