November 21, 2005

More on BA

OK, things are slowly coming back to me...forgive me for my scattered thoughts.....also worth mentioning is at the BBQ, the hostel brought in a couple to give us a private tango show. Half way through they asked for volunteers to dance with them. Since no one would go up and I couldn´t pass up the opportunity at a free tango lesson, I volunteered. I was twirled around the dance floor, with no clue about what I was doing. It was fun, and I could check off another item on my list of things to do in Argentina!!

Football! Also on the list. We went to a Boca Jr´s(the favorite team in Buenos Aries) international game against Brazil(also a fairly important one, for them to get into the semi-finals, which they did!). It was soo much fun. We went with about 20 people from the hostel. They don´t serve alcohol at the games but we managed to sneak some in, and find the vendors who sold coke.....and their secret stash of wine...and another old man who had a mickey of whiskey. It was hilarious. It was also a great game. The Boca´s won 4-1 and the crowd went crazy. All the fans have songs they sing and they jump up and down so much that the stadium was moving. A little frightning. They also through heaps of confetti in the air and set off fireworks. They love their football here. A great night.

Generally in Argentina the food is nothing to write home about. Its basically the same everywhere, with very little international cuisine. But in Ba there is some variety and we made sure we enjoyed it all. We enjoyed some great thai curries, had some vegetarian food, all you can eat buffets, delicious chinese food that delivered, and one night we even had Indian curry! Soo good. We will miss it for sure!

We left BA on Tuesday night, and said goodbye to all our new friends, some of who made our visit there unforgetable(thanks for that girls!!). We took the bus to a beach resort town called Ville Gazelle, and then further outside of it to a campsite in an area called Mar Azul. We spent a couple of days on the beach, sleeping lots, writing in our journals, reading, playing cards, having lazy lunches, and just basically recuperating from the last month of craziness in Mendoza and BA. On our last night there, there was a huge thunderstorm. It was so strange to see rain, since it has been sunny here almost everyday since we crossed the border from Brazil to Argentina.

Yesterday we arrived at Bahia Blanca and are staying at a really nice hotel that used to be a mansion. We are enjoying having a private bathroom, maid service, and a tv!! Tomorrow we are heading to Puerto Madryn to see some wildlife, like penguins, whales, and sealions. Then west to Bariloche and the lake district(which is supposed to be amazing), up to Mendoza and over to Santiago. Aggie leaves December 17th(sniff, sniff) and Mik January 5th(sniff, sniff), but!........the good news is that my good friend Tracer is coming to meet me around January 3rd and to travel with me for the last leg of the trip!!! Yahoooo!!! I´m so excited. I hoping to spend most of the time in Bolivia(I have heard so many good things about it and it is super cheap) and some in Peru. But I can´t believe its almost December already! Crazy.

Anyhoo, I´ve attempted to load the program to put up some photos, but it will not work here, and to keep my sanity I have decided to try another day. So stay tuned. They will come eventually. Its just so frustrating sometimes. Would love some comments on the blog to know that someone out there is reading it! Thanks for the emails, they are very much appreciated. Love hearing stories from home! Until next time, take care all.

Salute!
Linds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby! Sounds like you are having fun! Save some money for when I arrive eh!!:)
Tracer